Friday 4th March 2016
Middlemarch Communications formed over two years ago as the regional arm of the Cratus Group. Since then, we have enjoyed success working on a range of campaigns, from renewable energy projects in Cornwall, Dorset and Sussex to a major urban redevelopment in Bournemouth.
We are now looking for an enthusiastic graduate who is eager to learn from us and grow with us. To start with this would be a full-time, six-month internship, with the potential for advancement once that period had ended.
As we offer a hugely varied workload it is difficult to say what a ‘typical day’ would look like, but your core tasks will include:
- undertaking research independently;
- drafting political reports;
- writing blog posts for our website;
- maintaining stakeholder and contact databases;
- managing social media;
- contacting local residents and politicians;
- contributing to business development.
Occasionally, we may require you to work outside normal working hours (9-5, Monday-Friday).
- A willingness to take responsibility and contribute from the start.
- Excellent written and strong verbal communication.
- Ability to research efficiently and to deadlines.
- Existing interest in politics and current affairs. Previous experience as a local activist/campaigner desirable but not necessary.
- Proficient IT skills, particularly using Word, Excel and social media. Familiarity with Google programs and Mailchimp an advantage.
- Full, valid driving licence and reliable access to a car. Business mileage will be refunded at HMRC rates.
We envisage this role suiting a recent graduate in a field such as History, Politics or English (although this is by no means a strict limitation).
Closing Date: 1 April 2016
We will be interviewing suitable candidates over the course of April.
We are ideally looking for someone ready to start immediately.
Please send your CV and a brief cover letter, outlining your suitability for the role.
Please include the job title in your subject line.